Ann Arbor, MI
Posted 3 years ago
We are on the hunt for a talented and reliable Maintenance Technician to join our maintenance department. In this position, your chief responsibility is to preserve the excellent condition and functionality of our business premises. Your duties will include conducting quality assessments, repairing plumbing and HVAC systems and performing general maintenance. Our ideal candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades, with in-depth knowledge of maintenance procedures, basic tools and appliances. To excel in this position, you must be an outstanding problem-solver with exceptional communication and organizational skills.
Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Inspect buildings, equipment, and systems to identify any issues.
- Perform general maintenance tasks including landscaping, plumbing, painting and carpentry.
- Help develop and implement the budget for the maintenance department.
- Maintain the inventory records for equipment and supplies.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Physically capable and available to work overtime including weekends, public holidays and evenings.
- Effective problem solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well-organized and have the ability to prioritize tasks.